Job Title: Cumulus Chicago Promotions Intern (WKQX, WLS-AM, WLS-FM)
Education / Compensation: This is an unpaid internship in which you must be enrolled in a college, university, or other accredited program in which you must receive credit for the internship.
Length: One Semester (Spring – Mid Jan. to Mid May, Summer – Mid May to Mid August, Mid August to Mid Dec.)
Best Times to Apply: (Spring – November/December, Summer – March/April, Fall – July/August)
Hours: 15-30 per week
Welcome to Cumulus Chicago… home of 101WKQX, 94.7 WLS-FM, and 890 WLS-AM! We’re looking for some rockin’ interns to join our team each semester that are interested in learning about radio promotions and marketing all while having fun! Our four stations have a lot of history and passion behind them and we want interns who will represent our brands well! Each Semester, interns will learn all about the planning and execution of station events, giveaways, branding, and general promotions!
A typical week as an intern will consist of 1 day in the office and 1-2 events per week. Here are some of the key responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent all Cumulus Media stations in a positive manner at promotional events around the Chicagoland area.
- Collect, copy, organize, and disseminate promotional materials.
- Assist with the execution of winner correspondence, including but not limited to contacting winners to supply prize information & details.
- Interact with the general public during remotes and other promotional activities.
- Serve as a liaison for the promotions department by running errands and assisting the department as needed.
- Provide receptionist relief.
- Develop communication skills and how they relate to marketing, promotions and operations.
- Creating customer and client loyalty and satisfaction through superior service and attention to details.
- Other job-related duties as needed.
- Must be enrolled in a college, university, or other accredited college program in which they must receive credit for the internship.
- Outgoing and upbeat personality is a MUST!
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to lift 25-75+ pounds, unload station vehicles, etc.
- Ability to work 15-20+ hours per week, including week nights and weekends.
Interested? E-mail resume & cover letter to Promotion Coordinator, Johnny Garcia at Johnny.Garcia@cumulus.com