February 9th is National Pizza Day, and in honor of the holiday, here are some new pizza stats for you:
1. 98% of Americans like pizza, and 54% of us even say we LOVE IT.
2. Almost one in three people eat it at least once a week.
3. 33 million Americans would pick pizza as their last meal on Earth . . . and 26 million would give up getting-it-on for a year for unlimited pizza.
4. The most popular toppings are pepperoni . . . sausage . . . mushroom . . . and bacon. And the least popular are anchovies . . . eggplant . . . pineapple . . . and artichokes.
5. When it comes to crusts, “regular” is the most popular type . . . thin crust is second . . . and deep dish is third.