94.7 WLS-FM’S “Passwords To Paradise – Walt Disney World Resort” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WLS-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, located at 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60611, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the 94.7 WLS-FM “Passwords To Paradise – Walt Disney World Resort” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last ninety (90) days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last one hundred eighty (180) days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last ninety (90) days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last one hundred eighty (180) days Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 7:00 a.m., CT on Monday, January 6, 2020 and will run through 12:00 p.m., CT on Friday, January 10, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
- Text: Listen to the Station, weekdays at approximately 7:00 a.m. CT during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the “cue-to-text” sounder, TEXT the keyword to the Station at 312-922-9470. Each unique text with the keyword received within thirty (30) minutes after the cue to text sounder, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to win the Qualifying Prize. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to text later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished. Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual’s wireless carrier, may apply, and Station assumes no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from Station. By entering the Contest using this method, you consent to receive a bounce back confirmation text. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Limit one (1) entry per person per phone number. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Contest. OR
- Free Alternative Method of Entry: Listen to the Station, weekdays at approximately 7:00 a.m. CT during the Contest Period. When the Station plays the “cue-to-text” sounder Visit the Station’s website 947wls.com, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “Passwords to Paradise – Walt Disney World Resort” Contest link, and complete an entry form, including submitting the keyword announced on-air by the station. All entries must be received by 7:30am CT to be eligible for the Qualifying Prize. Limit one (1) entry per person per email address, per keyword. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/TELEPHONE NUMBER/EMAIL ADDRESS PER CONTEST ROUND, REGARDLESS OF WHICH METHOD OF ENTRY IS USED, AS OUTLINED ABOVE. TEXTING IN THE ENTRY WILL NOT IMPROVE A PARTICIPANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Winner Selection. On or about 7:30 am CT on weekdays during the Contest Period, Station will select one (2) entries for the Qualifying Prize in a random drawing from among all valid entries from both entry methods outlined above and received thus far by Station during the Contest Period. The winning entrants will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification. Grand Prize Winner Selection: On or about 7:00am CT on Monday, January 13, 2020, the station will select one (1) Grand Prize winner from the ten (10) qualifiers from the contesting detailed above.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Qualifying Prize: Each person selected as a qualifier for the Grand Prize will receive $200 worth of Disney gift cards in $50 increments. There will be a total of ten (10) qualifiers for the Grand Prize.
- Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prizes will be awarded in this Contest. Each Grand Prize consists of: Four (4) round trip coach air fares provided by Southwest Airlines between the major gateway airport closest to winner’s residence serviced by Southwest Airlines and the Orlando International Airport [provided, however, if winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, air fare will not be provided], four (4) round trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort via Disney’s Magical Express Service, Room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room(s) (with a maximum of four (4) persons per room) for four (4) night(s) at a hotel at the Walt Disney World® Resort selected by Disney in its sole discretion; based on availability, and four (4) 5-Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option..
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) Five thousands, eight hundred eighty six dollars and four cents ($5,886.04). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Grand Prize Trip must be taken and completed by December 15, 2020. Travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Vacation(s) must be taken between 1/7/2020 and 12/15/2020. Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and block-out dates may apply. Vacation(s) is/are for the winner(s) of the Contest/contest and three (3) guests of the winner’s choosing. Vacation(s) and vacation components may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, or refunded. Vacation(s) is/are not redeemable for cash. Disney, its parent, related, affiliated, and subsidiary companies and their respective officers, directors agents, employees and assigns shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Promotion. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner only and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. Unless child or ward of Winner, Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the Winner. ARV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, baggage, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, baggage fees, and security charges. Winner and Guest are responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any necessary travel documentation (i.e. valid photo identification, visas, passports, etc.) prior to travel. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Disney Destinations LLC. Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Each Southwest Airlines e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Southwest Airlines e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest Airlines flight e-pass is not valid on interline and codeshare service. The Southwest Airlines flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest Airlines flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason including, without limitation, if lost, stolen or fraudulently used. The Southwest Airlines flight e-pass is non-transferable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction or re-tendering of the Southwest Airlines flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest Airlines flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest Airlines flight e-pass(es). The winners of the Southwest Airlines flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident; however, such winners may use the other e-pass(es) for minor children. However, the recipient of a Southwest Airlines flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest Airlines flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at https://www.southwestairlines.com/assets/pdfs/corporate-commitments/contract-of-carriage.pdf. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed.
Grand Prize Trip is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Station’s and/or Walt Disney World Resort’s sole discretion.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, Disney Destinations LLC, and their respective subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area (exclusive of Prize Claims as defined below); (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, WLS-FM, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60611.
PRIZE PROVIDER: Disney Destinations LLC is a prize supplier only in this Contest; is not a sponsor of this Contest; and is not responsible for the administration of the Contest, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the draws. Any disputes, claims, and causes of action against Walt Disney World Resort arising out of or relating to any person’s use of or participation in any portion of the Grand Prizes provided by Disney Destinations LLC (“Prize Claims”) shall be resolved by applying the laws of Florida, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, Florida. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.