Erin Carman

Weekdays, 3 - 7pm

Cat saves family from dangerous gas leak

An Oregon family’s rescue cat is being called a hero after alerting the humans in her house to a gas leak.

Sandi Martin was recently playing at her Lake Oswego home with her cat Lilly, when she noticed the animal started sniffing at a fireplace valve in an unusual manner. Martin decided to check it out, and discovered the smell of natural gas. She and her husband said the smell was very faint, but they called their gas company, NW Natural, and were told to shut off everything in the room, including their phones, and to open all windows and doors.

An employee from the company arrived 20 minutes later and confirmed there was a gas leak from the fireplace. Martin says the situation could’ve become life-threatening, and she credits the cat with possibly saving their lives.

UPI

Tags: