Is there a WRONG way to fry potatoes? Maybe not, but we do have our preferences!
Zippia looked at Google Trends and found the type of French fry each state is oddly obsessed with. Illinois had a favorite… but it wasn’t even close to what the fries our country really loves…
1. Waffle fries got 12 states: Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia.
1. Cheese fries ALSO got 12 states. I guess shape doesn’t matter as long as there’s cheese on there. Alabama, California, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, and Texas all love cheese all over their taters. Speaking of taters…
3. Tater tots are next with seven states. But should they even COUNT as “fries”? Well, Alaska, Idaho, Maine, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming seem to think so.
4. Shoestring fries are favored in five states New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
5. Sweet potato fries scored four states. And all of them are in the Northeast: Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
6. Steak fries, also four states, including our own. They’re loved by Illinois, Arkansas, Indiana, and Oregon.
7. Curly fries, three states. Two of which are islands and one you’d think would love their fries covered in cheese… Arizona, Hawaii, and Wisconsin.
8. Crinkle-cut fries are most loved two states: Kentucky and Michigan.
9. And New Mexico stands apart with Chili Cheese fries.