WLS-FM’s “Hot Song Summer” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WLS-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, located at 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60611, during available business hours Monday through Friday, Station website www.947wls.com, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WLS-FM’s “Hot Song Summer” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last thirty (30) days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last sixty (60) days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last thirty (30) days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the sixty (60) days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, Station, each of their parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 6:00am CT on Monday, July 26, 2021 and will run through 7:00pm CT on Friday, July 30, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter:
Listen to the Station weekdays during the Contest Period from 6:00am to10:00am CST for the “Hot Song Summer Song of the Day” (the “Song”). Dave and Kim will announce the time of day when to listen for the Song during Erin Caman’s show (10:00am-3:00pm) or Tim Virgin’s show (3:00pm-7:00pm), but not both shows. When the Station begins to play the Song, the 20th caller (as determined by the Station in its sole discretion) to 312-922-9470 will be deemed the winner. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same telephone number. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different telephone phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that participant from further participation in the Contest.
- Winner Selection. Caller twenty (20) to the Station after the Song begins to play during the Contest Period as described above will win the Prize, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance of these Contest Rules. Station will select one (1) potential winner each day for five (5) days during the Contest Period. Each winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification or failure to claim the prize within three (3) days of verification as a winner will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes: Five (5) prizes (each, a “Prize”) will be awarded in this Contest. Each Prize consists of: One (1) four (4) day, three (3) night 5-Star Luxury Included Vacation for two (2) adults to any of the fifteen Sandals Resorts listed below, with locations in Jamaica, Antigua, Saint Lucia, The Bahamas, Barbados, and Grenada with round-trip coach airfare for two (2) adults with American Airlines. The eligible locations for travel are: Sandals Montego Bay, Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island, Sandals Negril Beach Resort and Spa, Sandals Ochi Beach Resort, Sandals Royal Plantation Ocho Rios Jamaica, Sandals South Coast, Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa and Beach Resort, Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia, Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa, Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort and Offshore Island, Sandals Emerald Bay Golf, Tennis, and Spa Resort, Sandals Grenada Resort and Spa, Sandals Barbados, and Sandals Royal Barbados. Trips are non-transferrable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Blackout dates apply. The winner and the guest must be at least 21 years old to redeem the trip and must have a valid U.S. Passport to travel. Prize Trip must be redeemed for travel within one year from August 15, 2021 – August 15, 2022 (“Prize Trip Period”). No extension will be given after the Prize Trip Period has expired. If the Prize is not redeemed, it will be forfeited. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is Four Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($4,250.00). TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IS TWENTY-ONE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($21,250).
If any prize or a portion of any prize is temporarily postponed or permanently cancelled due to disease, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, any acts of government and/or any reason that is beyond the control of Station or Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC (“Sponsor”), then no substitution shall be provided. Station and Sponsor make no representation or warranty about the safety of any prize event. By accepting and using a prize, each winner acknowledges and assumes all risks of accepting the prize, attending the prize event, and any other the risks associated with the prize.
The actual retail value of the Prize may vary depending on the point of departure, travel itinerary, airfare fluctuations at the time of awarding/booking and/or accommodations. Any difference between the above stated ARV and the actual retail value of the Prize will not be awarded. Winner will be informed of the actual retail value at the time the Prize is redeemed. Winner acknowledges that s/he will be provided a 1099 on the actual retail value.
Should the Winner be unable to travel for any reason, Winner should immediately forfeit the Prize and at that time, Station may select an alternate Winner in its sole and exclusive discretion and in compliance with these Contest Rules.
If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, JAWW Media and Marketing, Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc., and each of its respective subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSORS: Chicago FM Radio Assets, LLC, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 1700, Chicago, IL 60611.
PRIZE PROVIDER: JAWW Media and Marketing, 2470 NE 23rd Street, Pompano Beach, FL 33062.