You never really do the things around you until someone comes to visit…
Stacker wanted to know what the best things to do in Chicago are… so they looked to Trip Advisor for their answer. Stacker compiled a list of the 30 highest-rated tours and activities in the city.
The top 10 looked like this…
- Chicago’s Finest Tours – These are River Walk and bus tours packed with activities and stories about Chicago.
- Chicago Foodways Tours – A tour for food lovers that takes you away from the more prominent Chicago food joints and guides you through the immigrant towns of the city. It will feel like a tour around the world with the wide variety of culinary cultures you will explore.
- See it All Chicago Tours – Take a tour on a very cute and intimate minibus that takes you through various Chicago neighborhoods including The Gold Coast and Lincoln Park.
- Segway Experience of Chicago – Join a group of fellow tourists on two-wheeled segways and ride along on this 2-hour guided tour.
- Chicago Fireboat Tours – The retired Fred A Busse, Engine 41 fireboat serves as your mode of transportation on this river tour. The fire boat also features a miniature museum inside.
- The Magic Parlour – Now moved to the Palmer House Hilton Hotel, you can check out some of the best illusions and mystical feats Chicago has to offer.
- BATL Axe Throwing – Axe throwing, baby!! Grab some friends and chuck some axes at wooden targets!
- Free Tours by Foot – Pay-what-you-like for these walking tours, self-guided bike tours, and ghost tours in Chicago
- Chicago Architecture Center – Head to Wacker Dr. for this destination for architectural fanatics. They have mini models of The Loop and LEGO activities.
- Rek Travel – A very professional travel tour provider. Rek Travel is nationwide and its Chicago offering will not leave you disappointed.
Some notables that didn’t make the top 10 were #12 Pizza City USA, #20 Skydeck Chicago – Willis Tower, #22 Underground Donut Tour, #29 Millennium Park, and #30 The Art Institute of Chicago