A new survey found 85% of us are now doing things to avoid getting sick, like staying home and washing our hands more! 85% of Americans say they’ve changed their behavior in some way to avoid getting sick.
Here are the top changes we’ve made in the past month . . .
1. Avoiding crowded places – 67% are doing it now, compared to 27% a month ago.
2. Not touching certain things when you go out – 50%, up from 24%.
3. Better personal hygiene, like washing your hands more – 65% said yes.
4. Skipping work, or working from home – 24%, which is EIGHT TIMES higher than last month. And that’s 24% of ALL adults, not just the 63% who make up the workforce.
5. Avoiding tourists – It’s doubled in the last month to 35%.
6. Keeping your kids home from school – 18% said yes, compared to just 1% last month. But only about 22% of us have school-age kids at home. So 18% is a lot.
7. Wearing a face mask in public – 12%, up from 7% a month ago.