Earlier this year, two Chicago spots were ranked among the best pizzerias in America. Now, 50 Top Pizza has released its 2023 rankings of the 100 best pizzerias in the world and one local favorite has been honored.
Spacca Napoli, known for its Neapolitan-style pies, makes the list at No. 93. The restaurant has been dishing out authentic thin crusts in Ravenswood for more than 17 years. The menu features classic options like margherita and diavola pizzas alongside a collection of original creations. Spacca Napoli was also voted the 14th best pizzeria in America by 50 Top Pizza back in June.
The top spot on the 2023 list was a tie between 10 Diego Vitagliano Pizzeria in Naples, Italy and I Masanielli – Francesco Martucci in Caserta, Italy. Last year’s winner, Una Pizza Napoletana in New York, fell to No. 2. All in all, New York led the way with five honorees—the most of any city.
Here’s a peek into which spots made the top 10:
- 10 Diego Vitagliano Pizzeria – Naples, Italy
- I Masanielli – Francesco Martucci – Caserta, Italy
- Una Pizza Napoletana – New York, USA
- Sartoria Panatieri – Barcelona, Spain
- The Pizza Bar on 38th – Tokyo, Japan
- I Tigli – San Bonifacio, Italy
- Seu Pizza Illuminati – Rome, Italy
- 50 Kalò – Naples, Italy
- Bottega – Beijing, China
- 180g Pizzeria Romana – Rome, Italy
Check out the rest of the list here.