Several Chicago restaurants have been added to the city’s prestigious Michelin Guide for 2023, the company announced Tuesday.
“From Michael Jordan to Indian-born British artist Anish Kapoor, Chicago is no stranger to stars,” Michelin said. “However, with tonight’s MICHELIN Guide Star Ceremony, the Windy City just received a couple more.”
Atelier, in Lincoln Square, and Indienne, in River North, both earned one Michelin star on the prestigious list. According to the guide, Indienne is Chicago’s first Indian restaurant to receive a star.
The guide also announced that Smyth, in the West Loop, which previously had earned two Michelin stars, now joins Alinea as the only three-starred restaurants in the city.
Daisies, in Logan Square, was also recognized on the guide and awarded a “Green Star” for its use of “sustainable gastronomy focused on unique flavor profiles utilizing the freshest produce.”
Claudia, which had previously earned one star, was removed from the list after the restaurant abruptly closed in June.
Below is the full list of the Chicago restaurants on the 2023 Michelin Guide, including several that were recently awarded “Bib Gourmand” recognition for their affordability and culinary excellence. Most recent changes to the list are in bold.
Chicago restaurants with three Michelin stars:
- Smyth, 177 N. Ada St. (Previously two stars)
- Alinea, 1723 Halstead St.
Chicago restaurants with two Michelin stars:
- Ever, 1340 W. Fulton Market
- Moody Tongue, 2515 S. Wabash Ave.
- Oriole, 661 W. Walnut St.
Chicago restaurants with one Michelin star:
- Atelier, 4825 N. Western Ave.
- Boka, 1729 N. Halsted St.
- EL Ideas, 2419 W. 14th St.
- Elske, 1350 W. Randolph Ave.
- Esmé, 2200 N Clark St.
- Galit, 2429 N Lincoln Ave.
- Goosefoot, 2656 W. Lawrence Ave.
- Indienne, 217 W. Huron St.
- Kasama, 1001 N Winchester Ave.
- Mako, 731 W. Lake St.
- Next, 953 W. Fulton Market
- Omakase Yume, 651 W. Washington Blvd.
- Porto, 1600 W. Chicago Ave.
- Schwa, 1466 N. Ashland Ave.
- Sepia, 123 N. Jefferson St.
- Temporis, 933 N. Ashland Ave.
- Topolobampo, 445 N. Clark St.
- Yao Yao, 230 W. Cermak St.
- Nella Pizza e Pasta, 1255 E. 55th St.
- Girl & The Goat, 809 W. Randolph St.
- Mama Delia, 1721 W. Division St.
- etta, 1840 W. North Ave.; 700 N. Clark St.
- Proxi, 565 W. Randolph St.
- Mott St., 1401 N. Ashland Ave.
- Chef’s Special Cocktail Bar, 2165 N. Western Ave.
- Bloom Plant Based Kitchen, 1559 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- La Josie, 740 W. Randolph St.
- Ghin Khao, 2128 E. Cermak Rd.
- Kie-Gol-Lanee, 5004 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Perilla, 401 N. Milwaukee Ave.
- Sochi, 1358 W. Belmont Ave.
- Cira, 200 N. Green St.
- Gilt Bar, 230 W. Kinzie St.
- Cellar Door Provisions, 3025 W. Diversey Ave.
- Boonie’s, 4337 N. Western Ave.
- Dear Margaret, 2965 N. Lincoln Ave.
- Birrieria Zaragoza, 4852 S. Pulaski Rd.
- Lardon, 2200 California Ave.
- Ina Mae, 1415 N. Wood St.
- Munno Pizzeria & Bistro. 4656 N. Clark St.
- Tortello Pastifico, 1746 W. Division St.
- Giant, 3209 W. Armitage Ave.
- Mango Pickle, 5842 N. Broadway Ave.
- Longman & Eagle, 2657 N. Kedize Ave.
- Pompette, 1960 N. Damen Ave.
- Ciccio Mio, 226 W. Kinzie St.
- Apolonia, 2201 S. Michigan Ave.
- Frontera Grill, 445 N. Clark St.
- Pleasant House Pub, 2119 S. Halstead Ave.
- avec, 615 Randolph St.
- Chilam Balam, 3023 N. Broadway Ave.
- Sol de Mexico 3018 N. Cicero Ave.
- Cabra, 200 N. Green St.
- Superkhana International, 3059 Diversey Ave.
- Mi Tocaya, 2800 W. Logan Blvd.
- The Purple Pig, 444 N. Michigan Ave.
- Table, Donkey and Stick, 2728 W. Armitage Ave.
- The Duck Inn, 2701 S. Eleanor St.
- HaiSous, 1800 S. Carpenter Ave.
- Virtue, 1462 E. 53rd St.
- Daises, 2375 Milwaukee Ave.
- Lula Cafe, 2537 N. Kedzie Ave.
- mfk., 432 W. Diversey Pkwy.
- Union, 2202 N. California